VAT Services for Pension Scheme Providers
Ever changing regulations and the growing demands of HMRC mean VAT compliance can be a difficult administrative process, especially when dealing with property transactions and partial exemption calculations. We can help to ensure that you comply with the regulations and that overpayments are not made.
As pension scheme providers, your core business is managing your pension schemes and not VAT or accountancy. To provide your own team of VAT specialists is costly and potentially risky. Who ensures they are being kept up to date? Who will review the work they perform? By outsourcing the VAT requirements to us, we can cut these costs, take away the risk and use our experience to avoid potentially costly errors. This will also aid in complying with FCA regulations, by removing the inherent risk of preparing VAT returns yourselves. We may even save your clients money by preventing inaccurate declarations of output and input VAT.
Not offering this service to your clients?
Instead of leaving the client to find their own accountant, you can provide this additional service to them. Your clients will appreciate the additional service you are offering and you can be happy that your client’s VAT is being prepared correctly and consistently by accountants with experience.
To help you manage this complex area, we provide an efficient, cost-effective VAT service, which includes:
- assistance with VAT registration;
- completion and submission of VAT returns;
- providing a point of contact for additional VAT queries to clients/members; and
- negotiating with HMRC in disputes.
How our VAT Return service works
We can tailor the service to adapt to your requirements. Below is how our service typically works...
- All supporting documentation for each pension scheme is uploaded to our servers.
- We review the information to ensure there is no additional information we need and then prepare the returns.
- A copy of the VAT return figures are sent back (electronically) for you to pass on to your clients and inform them of any liability that must be paid to HMRC.
- We electronically submit the returns on your behalf, sending through the confirmation to the appropriate administrator, once submitted.
- Near the end of each month we will email you a reminder of the pension schemes for which a VAT return will need to be competed in the next month.
- If you or your administrators have any queries relating to the returns these can be emailed through to us, which we aim to resolve in a timely fashion.
We currently prepare in excess of 1,900 VAT returns per year for one of the leading pension scheme providers. In addition to the VAT service, we also provide a service for the preparation of pension scheme annual accounts.
Require more information?
If you would like more information or would like to speak to us direct then call us on 01604 718866. Or if you would prefer, ask us a question online.